1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boris Bridge II

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SXH, Feb 10, 2020.

1. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

These would be going through bogland and farmland. There was a large road widening project near this are recently, but extending it would ruin the area.

CollieSlave likes this.
  2. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Boris and bridges..... attention span.

Graeme

3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

or create some great photo opportunities?

4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

5. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Nimbyism - all that stands between a livable environment and a concrete jungle.

CollieSlave likes this.
  6. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I heard that the Chinese have offered to complete HS2 in five years and at less cost. What do you think of that? Great for job creation eh?

7. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

And if Huawei are involved free wifi for all...

daft_biker and Catriona like this.
  8. Catriona

I'm sure BJ will bow gracefully and accept.

9. Andrew Flannigan

I think the real definition is one word: selfishness

10. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Selfishness on behalf of protecting the environment for all. All, that is, except those you seem to have become an apologist for, who seek to create meaningless projects to deface and destroy on behalf of enriching themselves and their chums and buying a few votes to keep themselves in power to enrich themselves......chums......votes etc etc.

11. Learning

They do have great expertise in dealing with protestors.

12. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Indeed they do, but none at all in dealing with protestors who live in a democracy.

Learning and Catriona like this.
  13. Catriona

Oh, I don't know about that. There's a huge element ready to what they are told to do, by a leader.

14. Andrew Flannigan

...and it's mere accident that it preserves their property value and privacy or even that it plays into their own obsession that hell is other people.

15. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Chinese have a track record for building infrastructure projects in 3rd world countries.

miked, John Farrell and Catriona like this.
  16. Andrew Flannigan

I've worked with a few Chinese over the years. I've never met one who wasn't good at what they did.

Catriona likes this.
  17. Learning

and probably working for less than a third of what you were earning at the time.

18. Learning

I have no problem with the Chinese building Heavy Engineering Projects, providing that our legal and financial civil servants are better than their legal and financial civil servants. Such schemes must be vetted by our own engineers from our best companies of course. The condition is difficult to meet. I do not have much confidence in our civil service.
    I do have a problem with the Chinese running things like 5G, nuclear power stations and GCHQ.

miked likes this.
  19. Learning

OK so let them build the bridge between Ireland and Scotland after NI and Scotland have gone.

20. Catriona

Don't you mean after England and Wales have gone off on their own?