1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bohemian

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by AdrianSadlier, Nov 18, 2020.

1. AdrianSadlier

AdrianSadlier Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Bohemian by Adrian Sadlier, on Flickr

This is an image with more of a "feel" than technical merit (IMHO). Somehow, it brings to mind a 60's café in Paris, with jazz playing in the background. I am ignoring the technical failures (the line through her head, etc.) and more going for the "sense" of the image.

Maybe I am delusional?

I would be interested in feedback. I know its probably not my usual stuff!

Dan S likes this.
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Way outside my comfort zone so feel free to ignore.

First impression is that it feels overly contrived. As an whole upper body shot of two people interacting maybe but as a head shot the foreign hand and roll-up don’t look right. Her hand would be different but I guess you wanted the intrusion to make it deliberately less natural.

AdrianSadlier likes this.
  3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Agree the foreign hand looks strange, but you can somehow concoct a story. Like the graininess, but some banding top left, due I assume to jpegging. The odd things on RHS are a little distracting, as they are a puzzle. Like it a lot. Very noir.

4. AdrianSadlier

AdrianSadlier Well-Known Member

This was a "candid" shot. My daughter was giving her boyfriend a "stick and poke" tattoo. (the guy with the hat in my last post. We had finished the shoot and she started the tattoo. I just swung the flashes around to point roughly at her and fired off a few frames. No posing.

https://500px.com/photo/1024662946/concentration-by-adrian-sadlier

She had been working for a long time and took a breather. He sat up and put his cigarette in her mouth (she didn't want to handle it as she needed to keep her hands sterile). And I took a last few frames.

The odd things on the right hand side is a small statue of a couple of roughly human forms in the background.

I just felt the image lent itself to this type of processing. I think I might explore it a little more if I get the chance.

Dan S likes this.