1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bob Rigby Photographic - worth a visit ?

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by Malcolm_Stewart, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Anyone here paid a visit to Bob Rigby's place in Bollington?

Am just wondering if it's worth making a detour on my fairly frequent visits to Cheadle, Gtr Manchester? I've got fairly wide interests and am always interested in looking at decent s/h gear.

2. taxor

taxor Well-Known Member

Malcolm,
    I was there some years ago. And if it's the same premises, then it's an Alladins cave. I got myself a Beard easel back then. I spent atleast an hour looking at all the goodies on display, but back then it was real cameras, not digital;)

3. Malcolm_Stewart

Thanks for your comments - I love browsing in Aladdins caves! I'll try and drop in next time I'm in the area.

4. JameTheThesp

JameTheThesp Member

where abouts is this Bob Rigby's? sounds quite intrigueing!

5. Malcolm_Stewart

Here's the Bob Rigby website.

Navigate to the "Contacts Details and Location Maps" page, and you'll find two maps. If you click on the link at the bottom to Google Maps and expand to the max (top step on scale ladder), the marker is on Store Street, off High Street. When searching the area, (the locals hadn't heard of Store Street) I found no place to park either in Bob Rigby's small yard nor in Store Street, but there's a public car park opposite the north end of High Street, on the other side of Palmerston Street. (Probably a 100m walk at the most.)
    [I didn't visit the shop as I had other people in the car with me when I found the place, and I could have been a long time. Reversing out of the very narrow Store Street I very nearly crunched the car of a local who had returned and parked in his resident's spot, whilst my mind had been on things photographic ...]

6. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

Bought my tripod and head from there a year or so ago (via mail order)- cheaper brand new from them than 2nd hand on *-b*y! Arrived within 24 hours as well.