1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Blue Tit - Fairly Close [2 Images]

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by OneTen, Jan 18, 2009.

1. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

I've replaced my EF 200mm f/2.8 L and EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro lenses with an EF 180mm f3.5 L Macro lens, the idea being it will be do both jobs in the one lens. I wanted to test it for general phortography and stood close to the bird feeders, once they got used to me a took a few pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First impressions suggest it will fulfill it's dual role quite well.

2. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Fairly Close!

Understatement of the year ;)

Superb Richard

3. Fire_Monkey

Fire_Monkey Nowt but a Monkeh!

Sure you didn't superglue them to the branch? :D

Nice shots!

4. Rustyknight

Rustyknight Well-Known Member

I suspect you've had some sort of contraption made up that fits onto your hat, and hangs down just inches in front of you with a seed feeder attached...... :D :D :D

Looks like the one lens will work just fine!

5. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Good God!!! :eek: Are they real?! Or stuffed? :D I have never in my life seen a bird so sharp! :eek: Good one! :D

6. Fire_Monkey

Fire_Monkey Nowt but a Monkeh!

I told you..superglue.. :D :D

7. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Excellent Richard ... as good as I've ever seen :)

8. John_Baker

John_Baker Well-Known Member

They are excellent! The only down side you will possibly notice is the speed of focusing, which will not be quite up to that you were used to on the 200mm!!! The lens also works really well with converters and adds another dynamic...

9. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Thanks everyone for the comments.

I was expecting to be a lot slower than the 200 and I've been pleasantly surprised, using it with a 1.4x is part of my cunning plan. I'm delighted with it. :D

10. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

hi richard when you told me what lens you were getting, i wondered if this was your aim, excellent as always

11. 4BIKER2

4BIKER2 Well-Known Member

Very nice :cool: and so well dressed hardly a feather out of place :)

12. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

wonderful shots,well done Richard.

Nig.

13. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

Nice picture(s) Richard, I agree with John, the 1.4x or say it very quietly 2x EF extenders work very well with it, ideal for the summer Dragon Flys etc.

14. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Another one:

[​IMG]

15. John_Baker

John_Baker Well-Known Member

Nice... :D :D :D

16. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

ooooohhhhh i say lovely

17. Badgerman

Badgerman Well-Known Member

Looks like he's looking under your hat :D
    Nice shots. :)

18. GDN

GDN Well-Known Member

Third one is actually looking into the camera lens... haha awesome. Lovely photos Richard. :)

19. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Look, we've got to find some way to handicap this bloke, he's making us all look like beginners, any suggestions, maybe take his hat away?

20. aiwa_yamaha

aiwa_yamaha Well-Known Member

Excellent shots Richard