1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

BLM-1 replacement battery

Discussion in 'Olympus Chat' started by daveben, Feb 7, 2015.

1. daveben

daveben Well-Known Member

Hi,

Can anyone recommend any of the "after market" BLM-1 compatible batteries for the E-30 camera? Years ago I bought a couple of 7-day Shop ones which have served me well but they don't seem to do them any more.

I have found some scarily expensive Duracell ones, quite expensive Energizer and Hahnel ones, and some unbelievably cheap ones calling themselves "DTE", "Innov8" etc.

I think Olympus may have ditched this in favour of the BLM-5 but 7-day Shop don't dop those either so the same question applies!

Thanks

Dave

2. john2

john2 Well-Known Member

3. daveben

Thanks John - I'll check that out.

Dave

4. daveben

Hi,

Checked out the batteries on ebatteries but after checking some reviews of ebatteries I decided against it.

I did manage to find a couple of Energizer batteries on Amazon at nearly half normal price so I bought these. Whilst looking there, I also found that Olympus do a holder called LBH-1 which takes 3 CR123's and allows them to be used as a BLM-1. I think these might be useful in the future if the BLM-1's and BLM-5's become ever harder to get hold of!

Thanks again

Dave

5. john2

john2 Well-Known Member

Hi Dave, I have one of those battery holders, came with my E500 when I bought the budget kit by mistake. I only used it once before buying a third party charger and two batteries. The batteries were expensive, and their usage time very short. To be honest, it would have to be a real emergency to use it again.
    John

6. daveben

Thanks for the warning John. I won't bother with one for now - the Energizer ones have arrived and are currently charging!

7. Byegad

Byegad Active Member

Late reply I know, but I use BLM1 Ex-Pro batteries and can't tell the difference in charging or in the camera from OE BLM1s.