1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Amateur Photographer magazine online community.

Why not create an account and take advantage of this free resource.

Bleak? (3 pics)

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by CircleOfConfusion, Feb 18, 2006.

1. CircleOfConfusion

CircleOfConfusion Well-Known Member

Not very likley!

Strugling to find a picture that'll make you shiver :(

Here's a couple of snaps from the DC while I was out for a walk this morning, only got a couple on it because it only has about 3 mins life after a full charge :mad:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

can we enter photos from a month or two ago :D

2. chris000

chris000 Well-Known Member

Looks like the pier at Bangor to me - am I right?

Like the last one :) - wish I lived that close to the mountains :(

3. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Love the surreal look of the first one. Second is nice but not remarkable. Third is excellent with very nice lighting. All in all, bloody good for a digi with a dodgy battery! I'm well impressed!

BigWill

P.S. Can we have a first name please? Makes things more friendly around here don't cha know!

P.P.S You can enter photos from any time period.......................Garry has decreed it! :D

4. CircleOfConfusion

yeah its the pier at Bangor again looking back towards Wales, its where I always go when I'm lacking imagination :D hopefully got some better ones on film but I'll have to wait till monday to see :rolleyes:

It's great being near the mountains although in the 3 years Ive been here I still havent got round to going up snowdonia :eek: (its to easy to put it off for another day when its only 20mins away) oh, and my names Steve, I finally got round to putting it on my sig today (although it was after I posted )

5. SiFowler

SiFowler Well-Known Member

Nice pics Steve. I've just started working in Bangor, but in the 15 years I've lived in Conwy I've never visited Bangor pier, but have been up snowdon twice. So I guess we are as bad as each other.

Give us a shout if you fancy getting together and photographing a demo- oh bugger, I forgot we live in Wales, not London!!!!

Still, pop into Barclays and ask for me anytime.

6. TH-Photos

TH-Photos Well-Known Member

It took me 20 years of visiting Snowdonia before I went up Snowdon. I refused to make the trip if the summit was encased in cloud, When I did make the trip it was the weekend before Christmas, -5 at the top, with clear views all around. Whilst sat having lunch a group came yomping along, stopped at the trig point, pulled a christmas tree from a rucksack, set it up on the trig point, grabbed a friendly local to take the group shot, and as quick as they had arrived the tree was packed and they were on their way to do the rest of the horseshoe.

7. CircleOfConfusion

Bangor pier's not anything that special, but its only 10mins away and it has a nice cafe at the end which does great Tea and scones! The trouble is there is just too much to see and do round here with all the mountains, castles, beaches etc... although I am feeling jealous of all these cool demo photos floating around :(

I know what your talking about Ted, I was at the summit of Tryfan in the middle of december when a group of lads arrived (I think they were the local army cadets), striped off to nothing but boots and dresses!:eek: promptly possed for a photo then were back off down the other side as quick as they had arrived.