1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blank Negatives

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Aly, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Aly

Aly Member

Just shot two rolls through my new Mamiya C220, developed them and one came out fine but the other blank. The film borders where present so the developing was correct. I am wondering if this if a camera issue or if it was user error on the first roll?

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I suspect you loaded the blank roll incorrectly and exposed the backing paper. Make sure you load correctly.

Aly likes this.
  3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I’ve loaded 120 “backwards” before. I never figured out how. Other possibility with a TLR is lens cap left on (assuming it isn’t a twin cap covering both taking and viewing lenses).

Aly likes this.
  4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

That's a bugger. I would also open the back and fire the shutter a couple of times (assuming it lets you, I'm not familiar with and TLR, never mind your Mamiya) and check tghat it opens and closes correctly, just in case the shutter decided to go tits-up between the rolls.

Aly likes this.
  5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

All Mamiya C TLRs can have their shutters cocked and released from the lens mount, ignoring the film winder. Just another useful feature! :D

6. Aly

Aly Member

I will have to try that. Thanks

7. Aly

Aly Member

Yeah when I think about it now I was able to keep turning the film winder clockwise even after taking a shot and it being on Single exposures as opposed to multi. I’ll have to test a couple more

8. Aly

Aly Member

Will give this a try. Thank you :)

9. alfbranch

alfbranch Well-Known Member