1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Black Lives Matter

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by EightBitTony, Jun 7, 2020.

1. ptermx

ptermx Active Member

I took the cod-history lesson, complete with gratuitous mention of "Moslems", as a sure sign that we were being trolled.

EightBitTony and Zou like this.
  2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

People who see differing opinions as a threat aren't the solution to racism but a large part of the cause thereof. Their strident attempts to drown facts with their "look at me, I'm more politically correct than thou" screams, are what fuels racism and intolerance.

3. ptermx

ptermx Active Member

Andrew,

Calm down. Why don't you make yourself a nice cup of Yorkshire Tea (as sold in Sainsbury's and enjoyed by Rishi Sunak) and while you're enjoying it, take a careful look at Tony's photos and Jack's photos and tell us how they make you feel.

p

EightBitTony and Zou like this.
  4. Andrew Flannigan

I've got a better idea. I've put you on ignore.

5. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

ptermx likes this.
  6. EightBitTony

Done_rundleCams and ptermx like this.
  7. ptermx

ptermx Active Member

Was it something I said?

dream_police and EightBitTony like this.
  8. EightBitTony

9. ptermx

ptermx Active Member

Whatever you think of the protests, there are indeed some great shots there. Not all of them recent. One of Jesse Jackson with an afro had me LOL.

EightBitTony likes this.
  10. EightBitTony

Done_rundleCams, Zou and ptermx like this.
  11. EightBitTony

That video rightly makes me question whether me attending on Sunday and telling the story was the right thing to do or not, I don't know whether it was, I had doubts at the time, but all you can do is do it and see, or not do it and see, and I decided to do it and see.

I think the video is incredibly powerful though, I know most people who it might inform won't watch it, but Zak is excellent, his delivery is excellent, his honest is excellent and certainly his journey matches mine in many ways.

Zou and ptermx like this.
  12. ptermx

ptermx Active Member

Are there any black photographers on the forum? What do you think?

Learning likes this.
  13. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Might watch that later. Haven't watched his videos since he resumed them, but one of the things I've always liked about him is his humanity and manner, especially when shooting on the street. Seems like a thoroughly decent guy.

EightBitTony likes this.
  14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Watched it. Glad I did.

Done_rundleCams and EightBitTony like this.
  15. Andrew Flannigan

I skimmed through it. That's 120 seconds wasted.

16. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

I vaguely remember, from the 1980s(?), a couple of items from a list of ripostes to bigots and racists:

Your ancestors? All africans!

Your god? A jewish arab!

Lynn

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  17. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Thanks Tony :)

cheers,

jack

18. Andrew Flannigan

The problem with telling a bigot anything is that what s/he disagrees with is simply tuned out.