1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Black Beauty 4: Pentax SV

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Roger Hicks, Sep 30, 2016.

1. William Parker

William Parker Well-Known Member

I was and still am a big fan of the Spotmatics and for that matter the previous similar looking models. For me they lost something when they introduced the bayonet bodies. I feel they lost that lovely balanced classic look. There are some cameras you can simply put on a table and sit there with a drink and just simply enjoy their aesthetic quality. Screw mount Pentaxes, all rangefinder leicas and Nikon F types, without the metered head all, to my eye, have this quality.

Done_rundleCams and Roger Hicks like this.
  2. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear William,

I'm not sure I'd go quite that far but I see your point.

Cheers,

R.

3. William Parker

Roger Sir, have you tried it?

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  4. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear William,

I only said I wasn't sure...

Right now I can't drink as much as I'd like because of the painkillers.

Cheers,

R.

5. William Parker

Roger, I'm sorry to hear of your predicament and hope you get better soon, mind you I was thinking about a nice cuppa or a coffee.

6. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

You're correct about the MX, IMHO, Barry, and if you were really lazy, you'd being using your mobile phone :D

Cheers,

Jack