1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Bird flying, just a pigeon

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by southonline, Jun 18, 2014.

1. southonline

southonline Well-Known Member

I know its just a pigeon, but I quite like this and was able to get a almost eye level in flight photo - I've flipped it as the bird was flying away, so keeper ?

I know its not one of MJB birds of pray but even pigeons have some little attraction ;o)

[​IMG]

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I don't regatd the fact that it is an everyday piece of vermin as a problem, not everyone has the time and other resources to be able to shoot the more spectacular or rare species. A slightly more side on view would have been preferable.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  3. southonline

agree on the angle. I was just lucky that I was walking up some outdoor stairs with camera when he flew past - its better than the other two that just showed his tail fin ;o)

4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Nice shot of a very basic subject. But can I mention that flipping it doen't change the fact it is still flying away? ;)

5. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

That is true, but since we are conditioned to scan from left to right when we read or view things it makes for more comfortable viewing.

6. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Nicely captured. Like others, a bit more of a side on view would have been nicer and perhaps a touch more of the left wing on show, but still a good shot. Pigeons aren't easy to photograph in flight. Only ducks are probably faster in level fight. As for flipping the image, if I was looking along a gun barrel I'd prefer right to left:eek:

7. Vaughan7

Vaughan7 Well-Known Member

I think its a very good shot, to capture a Bird in flight and come out with a clear sharp image like this is not the easiest thing to do, well done

8. southonline

cheers all

I would have loved to have gotten a better angle but just didn't have the time - and it was only a case of just walking out with the camera and going up my office stairs that got the photo

9. dachs

dachs Well-Known Member

I like it, and it makes me reach for a recipe book - who mentioned gun barrel?

10. southonline

Cheers Dachs & your more than welcome to call round with your gun !!

11. Parsen66

Parsen66 Well-Known Member

Agree with all the others, very nice and good capture.

I usually see them on my table nibbling at my nuts!

12. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Gonna go against the grain and say I like it as is, not worried about direction or angle of view or left wing. It shows me something I wouldn't see with my unaided eye, that incredible arrangement of feathers. Well done.

And if you think pigeons are annoying try having them around with doves as well!

13. Parsen66

Parsen66 Well-Known Member

Ditto. Wood pigeons are the worst, flipping clear the table in one sitting usually!