1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Beware Adobe PS/CR/LR updates!

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by RovingMike, Jun 17, 2020.

1. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

There are a few cries for help starting in the Adobe user group. I have lost use of Camera Raw, it just puts up mush from ORF files. Did that before and I'm sure there is a fix, but can't remember what it was. Any ideas?

Stephen Rundle likes this.
  2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Or advice on how to uninstall the updates?

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Can't help with ORF but will check RAF and CR2. LR updated on my last night and I started playing with B&W conversion of landscape but I picked one of the oldest files in all photographs which turned out to be jpg. Back shortly

Edit: CR2 open in LR develop for 5D, G10, 1Div and 5Ds. RAF open in develop for XE-2 and XH-1 so seems no problem unless LR is using smart editing from previews and not accessing the original file.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  4. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Whilst you are at it, can you check NEF and RW2 files please?:)

5. PeteRob

Don't have a Nikon but I have NEF from October 2018 for Nikon D5200 which opens in Develop.

6. PeteRob

Just been into the support forums - lots of reported problems for photoshop update. Nothing out of the ordinary for Lightroom. I don't really know how to use photoshop but I suppose it updated automatically alongside LR - I'm on Mac - Catalina. I'll try to open a file in photoshop.

7. PeteRob

That was too confusing. After presenting a list of new features it (Photoshop) asked me to choose a layout for Camera Raw 12.3 - then there is a long navigate to the right folder - it has made a default location. It opened a 5D raw file OK. Otherwise it wants me to do some tutorials so I closed it again. Too much of a good thing.