1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best price for D7D..?

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by RonM, Feb 10, 2005.

1. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

The best price so far seen in UK £949.99 here also price of grip is not bad at £129.99 and after handling one tonight and trying out all my lenses on one I do think I'm going to succumb (sooner rather than later) hopefully prices will continue to fall

<font color=blue>Ron CRIPN</font color=blue>
    Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

2. Minoltaman

Minoltaman Well-Known Member

My brother just got me a D7D as a belated 40th birthday present. I think he said he paid a Grand for it but won't say where from.

George

3. Fen

Fen The Destroyer

You know, I'm REALLY surprised about the lack of talk about the D7D.

Not just here but on other forums as well.

I'd of thought that after all the talk before the release and the looooonnnngggg wait for KM to actually release a digital SLR body that they'd have been more talk about how good/bad they are.

fen.
      fenris photography

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

There was even less talk about their first dSLR!

Nick BSRIPN
    And why not?

5. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

There has been quite a bit on the Yahoo MUG, but more on when things don't seem to work as folks think they should, in general, what I have picked up on is that it seems to be a very good bit of kit, and now having played with one, I have got to say I've been very impressed, out of all the DSLR's I've tried D70 & 10D it does have the best/brightest viefinder that I've looked through. Oh and the fact that I managed to capture a useable image at 1/8th using the AS on my 85mmf/1.4 @ /5.6
    It might just be that Minolta users are just glad to have a DSLR that they can use their lenses and other Minolta kit on and that it is a good camera, as I said above it tends to be niggles and there seems to be few of them.

6. whitbycolin

whitbycolin Well-Known Member

I have accessed the following website:
    http://www.dpreview.com
    This site seems to have quite an ongoing topic related to the Dynax7, from what I have seen the write times seem to let the D7 down. I am not that struck on the D10 as the newer D20 seems to have a better spec and the price is in a better range over the D7.

7. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

and less about the second DSLR...

/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Jack

Life is a Photo-Op

8. RonS

RonS Active Member

There is a lot of on-going chat in the dpreview KM-SLR forum about problems with focussing, where the autofocus selects a point in front or behind the central point aimed at. It is noticeable mainly with wide aperture lenses focussing on close objects, with resulting small depth of focus tolerance. Many have returned camera bodies to K-M for repair.

Ron

9. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Latest - Best price for D7D..?

And prices do seem to be dropping Mifsuds are of (3/3/05) doing the 7D for under £900 (£899.00) and the grip only £129.00 so prices are going in the right direction/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

10. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

Re: Latest - Best price for D7D..?

Another couple of hundred and I might get one /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif.

MickLL

11. RonM

RonM Alpha Napper

Re: Latest - Best price for D7D..?

You and me both Mick/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

12. nwatson6

nwatson6 Member