1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best camera to use for an Estate Agent

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by estateagent, Jun 5, 2013.

1. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Of course it is but my point was that a 12mm on mFT was being compared unfavourably to a 24 on FF when in reality the field of view is exactly the same. In fact the depth of field is much greater on the mFT so I believe that, for this job, it is superior. I have two systems one with zoom starting at 24mm on FF and the other with a zoom starting at 12mm on both mFT and FT. Believe me I would pick up the 12mm zoom every time for imaging interiors. There are of course many cases when the FF is superior (that's why I bought it) but not this one

Roger

2. epcman

epcman New Member

Old thread I know but this camera is £349 at the link below. Is this still the recommendation for an estate agents camera?

Also the site seems to be supplying cameras from abroad, is this ok? Seems the saving is too good to be true :)

http://slrhut.co.uk/product/ID928C5...ubzZ9DKobwr8qRBHGWGLuJELv-6H15AlSXxoCtE7w_wcB

3. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

That's for the camera body only but even so is still a couple of hundred quid cheaper than most other places. I've never used slr hut but I'm sure someone else can tell you about them. Grey imports are ok but you could find that you don't have a UK warranty.

4. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

As far as I can tell from reading the website, you only get a 30 day guarantee instead of the usual minimum of one year from a UK based supplier. Other statutory protection, such as the Sale of Goods Act, probably doesn't apply either.

So I guess you need to ask yourself, in the words of Mr Eastwood, "Do I feel lucky?"

5. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

They seem to get some good reviews but they also get some bad ones: http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/anyone-ever-purchased-from-site-slrhut-co-uk-1077275

You do need to be cautious of glowing reviews, from people you have no personal history with. There are companies who create reviews for pay, using IP spoofing to hide the fact that all the reviews are coming from the same address.

There's been previous discussion on this site as well: http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?96600-SLRHut-any-experience

6. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

7. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

Re: Best camera to use on an Estate Agent

:)As heavy as possible, probably:)

Sorry, just leaving........

8. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

I'd also agree with Olybacker's advice, though maybe a little-used E-3 or E-5 body, with standard zoom, and s/hand zukio 7-14mm. However, although this lens has been around since about 2005-6, (when I bought mine) they seem to hold their prices. Just in case anyone's wondering, no, mine's definitely NOT for sale!