1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Bespoke Camera Cases

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by Geoff_s, May 30, 2019.

1. Geoff_s

Geoff_s Member

I am at the stage now where I think I have all the kit I need and I want to be able to keep it all in one place rather than the various boxes and cases that I currently have.

So, I’m looking for somewhere that can supply something like a flight case or rigid case and are able to custom cut foam to fit all my stuff. I guess there is a possibility that I may acquire more bits so it would be good if it was possible to cut the foam again at later dates.

Has anyone ever done this or could recommend a way forward?

Cheers

Geoff

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Peli cases fit that description but they are for keeping a relatively small outfit safe while travelling rather than storing vast amounts but it depends what you have. My peli cases are about the same size as the hard case for a Canon 500 mm F4. One has a 3 light rotalight kit with stands in it. It is straightforward enough to cut the foam inserts.

3. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

4. Geoff_s

Geoff_s Member

Thanks Rog. I checked that out and they do the foam inserts. I'll do a bit more investigating on this one. Cheers!