1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Been a while.

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by Danski, May 25, 2018.

1. Danski

Danski Well-Known Member

daft_biker likes this.
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Hi, I wish you a rapid recovery from the op. Simply superb Castlerigg composition, it is so hard to get good separation between the stones and the background. Despite that comment I think #2 is my favourite of the set. The last one is spoiled by the contrail that cuts venus which is a real shame as this must have taken some planning.

Danski likes this.
  3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Beautiful. I do hope you feel stronger every day!

Danski likes this.
  4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Bit heavy on the burning, but I like them. Castle rig is a lesson in how to get a performance out of what can be a very boring scene.

Danski likes this.
  5. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

First of all: best wishes for a speedy recovery from your operation.

Re- the images - a nice set, but with some a little (for my taste) over-saturated. For me, the first wins by a mile - a captivating image.

Danski likes this.
  6. Danski

Danski Well-Known Member

Thank you all.
    @RovingMike its a technique im trying to learn these are the first images ive tried it on, im sure over time i will get it just right. its like when one first starts photography and your always messing with the clarity sliders :) thanks for the feedback

@peterba #2 was really like that i actually reduced the saturation and vibrancy. But i know some people like a subtle pallet thats ok thanks for your feedback.

7. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Yes, my apologies - I didn't mean to imply that you had actually added saturation. It's rather that I find that digital camera output is often over-saturated anyway, and I tend to reduce saturation on almost every colour image that I produce. Having said that, I don't produce many colour images - most of my output is mono.

Incidentally, FWIW, I reckon I would print your ICM Hell's Mouth image at a good size and hang it on the wall. It's more like a painting than a photograph (and that's a compliment - not criticism;)).

Danski likes this.
  8. Danski

Danski Well-Known Member

one of the reasons i swapped to sony was i found canons colours to saturated , i like the muted colours and more natural tones of the sony sensors.

thanks for the compliment :)

Catriona and peterba like this.
  9. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

A very nice set of images and worth waiting for.

Best wishes for your recovery.

10. EddieBP

EddieBP Member

Hope your recovery goes well.

What a superb set of photos to look at. I particularly like the beach scene - almost abstract - and the stone circle. I could live with them on a wall. I look forward to seeing more from you.

Eddie

11. luisport

luisport Well-Known Member

Dear Danski,
    # 1 is the corker for me. It's a Sugimotian blurry sight of a seascape. Superb! In my humble eyes.
    Cheers,
    Luis