1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery for DMC-FZ20

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by NeilM73, Jan 13, 2015.

1. NeilM73

NeilM73 New Member

Having more time to take the camera out, now I've retired, I was looking for a replacement for the two swollen original batteries I got with the FZ20. Found lots of offers online. It didn't appear on the Panasonic website and, having read this thread - http://www.amateurphotographer.co.u...sonic-DMC-FZ7-Battery-Contacts&highlight=FZ20 - I now know why. However, most of the online offerings seem to be from China, which makes me very wary (paranoid?)

I'd be grateful for opinions on some substitutes, including the Duracell one mentioned in that thread, since - on Duracell Direct - it seems to be about twice the price of most others to be found online. If it is actually worth it, I don't mind :)

TIA

2. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

A very large proportion of original equipment batteries now come from China, as do the cameras into which they fit. In my experience, the majority of ebay Chinese sellers are very good and, on the whole, you get more than your money's worth.

3. NeilM73

NeilM73 New Member

While appreciating your response to my query, I am a little concerned that you may be following the advice of your signature :D

Thank you anyway.

4. Olderbutnotwiser

Olderbutnotwiser Well-Known Member

I've bought goods (although not batteries) from Chinese sellers with no problems.

5. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

That is always possible, of course. :D

6. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

Try Premier Ink I have used their Blumax batteries with no problems

7. brumtog

brumtog Member

Is there not some confusion whether they are Chinese sellers or Chinese products sold by UK (or other) sellers? :confused: