1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Batteries for k10

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by colindavis, Jan 5, 2007.

1. colindavis

colindavis Well-Known Member

Does anyone know anything about the Hahnel HL-150 lith-ion which is supposed to be an equivalent to the D-150? It's £19.99 from warehouse express.

Colin

2. harjon

harjon New Member

Dont know about Hahnel, but 7dayshop.com sell the Konica Minolta Compatible Digital Camera battery-DB25 -NP-400-LMT00282 @ £6.95 ea. which IS equvalent to the D-150. I bought 2, & lots of Pentax User Club members have as well.
    Hope this helps.

3. colindavis

Thanks, I'll check it out.

4. meirion

meirion Well-Known Member

bought one from Hahnel for £19.99 and one from SRS microsystems for £10. Same spec battery so save your money and get two from SRS or 3 from 7 day shop or whatever they're called.

5. john60wales

john60wales Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info - I've just ordered a couple from 7 Day Shop @ under £7 each.
    I did notice that they were a little lower in the power stakes but hopefully they'll work just fine..
    Cheers
    John

6. colindavis

Thanks. I'll check out srs and see if they have them. If they are the same spec then it sounds good to me.

Colin

7. johnriley1uk

johnriley1uk Well-Known Member

They are not exactly the same spec, having a lower mAh rating than the genuine pentax batteries. Whether or not this is significant I don't know, but it could make a difference.

As I am only buying one spare battery, personally I'll stick to the Pentax ones.

8. colindavis

Thanks. I think I'm with you on that issue.

Colin

9. john60wales

Hello there,
    The lower mAh rating should only mean that they may take a few less photos per charge than the higher rated Pentax jobbies! The important measurement is the voltage of a battery - in this case 7.4v!
    I often use different powered re-chargeble AA batteries for my older cameras - from 700mAh to 2500mAh with no problems whatsoever. As long as the voltage is the same there should be no problems..
    Cheers
    John

10. johnriley1uk

Just a question on that - if you try to run a torch bulb off a standard 9v PP3 battery it won't work, just not enough current. If you use a 9v lantern battery it will work, lots of current. Surely the same must apply here to camera batteries, as the laws of Physics don't change. I think the lower mAh rating will matter - I can't imagine my *istDS being happy with 700 mAh AA batteries...

11. meirion

meirion Well-Known Member

I'm not an electrician or a physicist but I can say that my K10D is running perfectly okay on the lower rated batteries. SRS Microsystems offer these as spares when you purchase the camera, or at least they did to me. They obviously know a fair bit about the Pentax cameras so I'd have absolutely no worries about using them and saving a packet.

12. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Re: Batteries for k10 ..We just received our first "pentax battery" ..

....which, hopefully, means the BP/VG's can't be too far behind :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Jack

13. john60wales

John,
    If you imagine the lower rated 9v PP3 battery being like an old type mini 850cc & the higher rated lantern battery being like a big old diesel engined saloon - they both would get you from A to B, BUT if you had to tow a caravan then the mini is going to be a bit underpowered.
    The compatible camera batteries are lower powered than the Pentax ones BUT not so much as to make a great deal of difference.
    Again think of towing a caravan with a 1.9 diesel or a 2.0 diesel - the 2 litre maybe slightly more higher powered but not enough to make a huge difference!
    Cheers
    John

14. johnriley1uk

Thanks for that, it sounds perfectly reasonable! I've just ordered 2 DLI50 Pentax batteries as spares (one for each camera) but really just to make sure that both perform identically and without any unforseen glitches. It's a personal choice, but I'm happier buying the proper relacement.

15. john60wales