1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Amateur Photographer magazine online community.

Why not create an account and take advantage of this free resource.

Bargin to be had at 7Dayshop

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by CircleOfConfusion, Feb 2, 2008.

1. CircleOfConfusion

CircleOfConfusion Well-Known Member

noticed this the other day Fuji Reala 20 pack £7.99! technically its expired but I imagine it's been kept cool and will last along while yet if its kept in the fridge/freezer.

and its a bit hard to argue at 40p a roll! that's only 1p a shot! :eek:

(and lets not even mention velvia @ £1.39)

2. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

Very tempting, I see FP4's gone up though, good job I stocked up last year!

3. johne

johne New Member

Thanks for the tip Steve, just put my order in. A couple of questions, if I put a film in the freezer how long would it take to de frost? if I put the film in the fidge can I use it right away? thanks.

4. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

From the fridge it's probably best to give it an hour or so, from the freezer a little longer.

5. CircleOfConfusion

I'm going to stick 15 in the freezer and 5 in the fridge, I get them out of the fridge and stick them in the camera bag an hour or two before I'll need them. then just replenish the ones in the fridge with ones from the freezer :cool:

6. johne

johne New Member

one final though, do the same rules apply to b/w films?
    thanks for all your help.

7. beejaybee

beejaybee Marvin

There's no "rule" but yes, what has been suggested above will preserve the life of any unexposed film.

8. CircleOfConfusion

from what I've read b/w films can last a very long time indeed, a slow speed (100ISO) b/w can easily last 20+ years if kept in the freezer

Edit: I've had a couple of rolls back from processing now and the films shoe no signs of ageing :cool: