1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B. Film Camera Olympus OM4Ti/4T

Discussion in 'User Reviews' started by BigWill, Jan 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Hi folks. I've posted a link to my YouTube feed here where you can watch my review of the Olympus OM4Ti/4T. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS REVIEW IS APROX. 36 MINUTES LONG! Thus it is not really suitable for viewing on mobile devices (unless you have 5G?) or if you are on limited or slow Wi-Fi. It's probably a bit long winded and in my usual waffling style and I apologise in advance for the Ulster Scots accent...….I assure you I AM actually speaking English...….it just doesn't sound like it! ;-)

BigWill

2. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Good stuff, thanks BigWill. Never used those myself so interesting to see how they developed the system over the years. Easy to see why the OM4TI is so well regarded by so many though...neat wee camera :cool:.

3. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I had two OM4 bodies, there was a circuit board problem that caused the batteries to go flat very quickly, which is pretty serious for a battery dependent camera. I bought the second one, used, so that I could have the first one fixed. The Ti was introduced, partly, to fix that problem and remove the stigma associated with the original s battery life. Unfortunately, it was late to the party at a time when everyone else was introducing AF models. I still wonder what an AF OM4 would have been like? Somewhat larger I expect.

Once the circuit board was fixed I really enjoyed using my OM4s, there really hasn’t been anything to match the multi-spot metering*.

Sounds like English to me Will. I didn’t watch all of if but what I did was good.

*I gather Canon did produce a camera with the technology.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  4. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

5. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I did think of that but it really isn't an OM4 replacement in any way. I am convinced that Olympus could have done a lot better than the OM707 which was far from a success.

6. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

I was loaned one by a fellow camera club member . I was interested to see your had the 'later' Zuiko MC lens without a 'letter' before 'Zuiko' - all my Zuikos are the earlier ones.