1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

autumn gold

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by turbulentwheat, Oct 29, 2014.

1. turbulentwheat

turbulentwheat Well-Known Member

2. mikehit

mikehit Well-Known Member

I think it is absolutely fine as it is. I will correct myself - I think it is excellent as it is especially with the harmony between the colour of the bee and the stamens. The OOF flower inthe background gives a sort of context of being in a larger flower bed.

3. Ffolrord

Ffolrord Well-Known Member

It's a lovely shot, I would crop it square.

4. danam1

danam1 Well-Known Member

I love it but my eye wonders towards the oof flower a little.

5. obeque

obeque Active Member

I think a square crop too, nice shot

6. henniehendrik

henniehendrik Well-Known Member

great shot bees are not normally that photogenic.
    i agree with Ffolrord.

7. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Lovely stuff, but I do find the OOF yellow at the top a bit distracting, so I think I'm another for cropping the top off to leave it square.

8. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I like the composition as it is but I feel that it would be better if the bright yellow blobe were taken back a bit.

Partially desaturated and darkened...

[​IMG]

9. caledonia84

caledonia84 Well-Known Member

very nice, I'm in the square camp.

10. luisport

luisport Well-Known Member

Square 4 me 2!

11. turbulentwheat

turbulentwheat Well-Known Member

thanks all for your comments. I think I agree that square's the way to go with this one. Cheers

12. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

I'm afraid I find the yellow blob in the background too distracting for it to work even toned down