1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

August Magazine-supplement....

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by shank_ali, Jul 8, 2011.

1. shank_ali

shank_ali New Member

This months magazine supplement/make money from your photos has been warmly recieved especially by me !
    I met Richard Sibley on Brighton beach.I was not aware at the time he was on a covert operation for the magazine:cool:.
    We just had a pleasant chat about photography in general and microstock.I was taking part in the Istockphoto Lypse.I had just shot a family of three on the beach with the creative team from istock.We exchanged business cards and he contacted me some weeks later asking a few questions about my expierance with Istockphoto/microstock.
    The upshot was that i was the subject of the article 'Inside Stories'.-Alistair Shankie.
    I would like to thank Richard and the magazine for the article.To see some of your work in print over two pages and be quoted correctly is kinda special.
    Nice work.

2. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Richard Sibley… covert? Never :confused: :p

Ah, that explains it, it must be another Richard Sibley… AP is weekly, 125 years+ ;)

Welcome to the forum shank_ali ;)

3. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Maybe he was wearing camouflage. :D

4. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Good point. It has been known for him to don some stealth photog gear (for TestBench purposes) in the editorial office, although he then sticks out like a sore…

5. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Possible corrective edit [Ed.?]

6. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I loved the supplement and wish I could start life over and do photography, Been on the istock site and wished I was fitter to be able to earn an income that way.

7. Jacqui Jay

Jacqui Jay Grasshopper's Sage

I've sent three test pictures in to istock.
    Waiting for the inspectors to do their worst.

8. shank_ali

shank_ali New Member

Good Luck.Let me no how it goes and may i ask what the subjects were.Diverse enough to show the inspectors a little of your talent..portrait/landscape/macro/night image/conceptual.

9. Damien_Demolder

Damien_Demolder Well-Known Member

Me too - then he blackmailed me into giving him a job, or he'd tell my wife. :)

Glad you enjoyed the supplement.