1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

August, 2008 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of August, 2008. Please read the main About FirstView post, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of August, 2008. Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a few days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see the 'POSTING IMAGES' sticky post, which can be found in the Appraisal Gallery).

Finally, once again I would like to draw your attention to the new FirstView Gallery site - we would like as many contributors as possible to make use of this for hosting their FirstView images in order to maintain as complete an archive as possible for the future. Of course if you prefer not to you are still welcome to contribute to the FirstView threads with images hosted elsewhere.

2. 4BIKER2

4BIKER2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Morning light coming in through the kitchen window, looks like they need cleaning. :)

3. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

Time to Load

Need to work out how to use the new washing machine! :eek:

[​IMG]

4. Aliera

Aliera Well-Known Member

My poor tomato plants...

...definitely need repotting:

[​IMG]

Also, not a good idea to wander around in the garden in your pijamas without checking first if the nettles have grown back. :eek:

Nikon Coolpix, my garden, 8.30am or so. :D

5. metalplaster

metalplaster Well-Known Member

Huddersfield train station

at 07:20 this morning. The town square is being 're-arranged', hence all the fencing.

[​IMG]

6. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

09:20 a.m. August 1st 2008.

I'm taking a break for a pic before emptying the grass box.

[​IMG]

7. Ephemeral

Ephemeral Well-Known Member

Working on my second last TMA of the year

[​IMG]

8. DBarfoot

DBarfoot Well-Known Member

Theres a Woodpecker on my Nuts

[​IMG]

A Visitor to the bird feeder this morning here in sunny Chard.

KM Dynax 5D
    Aug 01 2008 10:05

Dave.

9. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

Re: Eye eye

[​IMG]

10:45am Opticians, St Neots UK. My eye fundus scan using some Nikon thing.

10. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Dead, right out of the box! :-(

This really annoys me - I use these energy-saving bulbs, like we're supposed to, and will all have to shortly because traditional tungsten ones are going to be phased out (EU directive, I believe). But they're so unreliable. When they work they're great, but I've had a disturbingly large proportion that were dead straight out of the box. This was another one that never so much as flickered. :-(

[​IMG]

1st of August, 2008. 11:59am. Fuji F610.

11. mjc7uk

mjc7uk Well-Known Member

Re: Hanging shame....

Pop in at John Lewis to purchase a new picture frame to host the Photo of Vulcan and hang it on the hallway's wall.

[​IMG]

Quite please with it...

Canon Ixus 70.

12. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

Sensor clean

[​IMG]

15:20 01/08/08

Shouldn't need to do this on the k10, but a couple of obstinate bits of dirt needed treatment......

13. Panda_

Panda_ Well-Known Member

Re: Hanging shame....

[​IMG]

11:41 am
    Fuji s9000
    ISO 800
    f/3.4
    1/530sec

14. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

The Cat

[​IMG]

Hasn't moved all day.

15. Garry McNamara

Garry McNamara Well-Known Member

New Old Uke

[​IMG]

Arrived from California on Tuesday. Could have had a D700 instead but at 70 years old and still holdng up I reckon it's a better pension!

Now back to playing it.

16. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

My Pond

Wondering what to do about the horrible green scum that's appeared on my pond. 5pm approx, 1st August.

MickLL

[​IMG]

17. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Plant of some kind

[​IMG]

Growing in a pot, my garden. Birmingham 17:26

18. Madhouseof5

Madhouseof5 Member

Re: August, 2008 - FirstView Pictures - Italian plum tomatoes

My other hobby, homegrown veg! A truss of mini italian plum tomatoes, my garden, 6pm

[​IMG]

19. tazio35

tazio35 Well-Known Member

Shared bodily warmth

Warm summer day, so it must be time to huddle together for warmth...

[​IMG]

Taken at 12.18pm on 1st August 2008 in Cromer.

20. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Meggles

[​IMG]

Meg settling down for a snooze.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.