1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ati2dvag infinite loop problem

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by nf3996, Sep 20, 2011.

1. nf3996

nf3996 Well-Known Member

I have a Dell Dimension 5150C mini-tower computer running Windows XP (SP3) that has suddenly developed an ‘ati2dvag infinite loop’ problem. It won’t start normally, but shows a blue screen with lots of gobbledygook including 'ati2dvag' and 'memory dump'. It will run in Safe Mode, so I’ve tried a system restore to an earlier date and I’ve scanned the registry for errors (and fixed them); I’ve also cleaned out the dust from inside in case the PC was overheating. None of this has cured the problem, however. Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem for me?

Thanks,

Alan

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

If you google it, there are lots of suggestions - try starting there. I've no idea what they say, but my first guess from what you've described would be to reinstall the graphics card driver.

3. Bone_Idle

Bone_Idle Well-Known Member

I agree, boot into safe mode, if that works, then go into device manager (right click on My Computer, select manage and then device manager is on the left panel) and right click the Display adapter and delete/remove it.

Reboot and then re-install the latest driver/catalyst control centre from the ATI web site.