1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Atempt without flash

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by Steve52, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Steve52

Steve52 Well-Known Member

In practicing 'photography without flash' for a gig in a couple of weeks, here is my first attempt.

It is of Dawlish Brook.

2. Yelofox

Yelofox Well-Known Member

Oooohhhh pretty. :)

3. turbulentwheat

turbulentwheat Well-Known Member

I like it!

4. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Unusual - well done Steve! :D

Chris

5. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Morning Steve,

Skookum shot :cool:

Cheers,

Jack

6. Moos3h

Moos3h Well-Known Member

Nice! Tripod? I'd have been tempted to set a little longer exposure to try and pull out a little more detail from the shadows - but it's an interesting shot and certainly shows you've got the hang of this flashless shooting lark!

Cheers,
    James

7. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

Very nice Steve.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

8. Steve52

No tripod. Hand held using 28-80mm lens. I'll try longer exposure using a tripod. Thanks for the tip.

Steve.

9. brianw

brianw Well-Known Member

Very nice pic,,,Well done on your first attempt
    Regards,,,Brian

10. Geoffers

Geoffers Well-Known Member

Blimey Steve, if you got a shot as clean as that hand-held, I'm not sure you're going to need a tripod!
    It's a nicely composed shot too, the crossing of the lights over their reflections is very pleasing. Smashing.

11. Steve52

Well. Not exactly no tripod. Was resting my elbows on bridge coz I couldn't be bothered to set the tripod up.

12. Geoffers

Geoffers Well-Known Member

lol

OK, so don't bother with the 'pod, just take a bridge with you!