1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Ashleys (my sons) first photos

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stephen Rundle, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle In the Stop Bath

OK a LOT to learn

It was taken with a camera he got FREE as NOT working a Rollei Magic

HP5+, Rodinal

Image3.jpg Image4.jpg Image1.jpg

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Well done! Got to start somewhere.

3. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

The third with the cat has something.

4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Well, the first one has a subject that is clearly in focus with a background which is nicely out of focus. The second one has a wide and appropriate depth of focus. The third one has a clear subject that will appeal to quite a wide audience of cat lovers. All are properly exposed. This is very promising, especially if you did not give too much help.
    Its good to partly learn with film.
    At the same time the quick feedback of digital is also valuable, so I hope that your son also gets to use a digital camera.
    Well done Ashley.

John Farrell likes this.
  5. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I quite like the street scene actually, they are in reasonable focus, the exposures are good which is probably better than my first efforts.

6. Stephen Rundle

I have printed off your comments, he went back and tried this

I can not remember film being this hard

"Black cat at in a wild garden"

cat.jpg

7. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Yes I found the cat. Now after your first successful efforts I think that we can 'up the aunty' :). The cat has to stand out more. I don't know how. It just has to stand out more.
    I don't want to criticise unduly Ashley. You have set a high initial standard. Why not try a few in the exhibition lounge, and when you are happy there, try the Lion's den, the Appraisal Gallery. I can't remember the last time that I posted there, so it can't have been that bad. On the other hand is was not that good. Just go for it. JFDI. The F is a very respectable 'flipping'.

ascu75 likes this.
  8. Stephen Rundle

Thank you

(Ash :) )

First post here, we are going out tuesday

9. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Great to see them :) well done Ashley :cool:
    X Don

10. Stephen Rundle