1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arty Bollocks Generator

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PhotoEcosse, Nov 18, 2016.

1. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

Thanks to Kate for drawing this to my attention this morning. As I explained to her, I am perfectly capable of talking bollocks without any assistance.

But it does strike me that the tool would be ideal for compiling a "Statement of Intent" for an ARPS panel submission or suchlike!

https://artybollocks.com/#abg_full

I particularly like this one:

My work explores the relationship between Bauhausian sensibilities and UFO sightings.

With influences as diverse as Derrida and John Lennon, new synergies are crafted from both orderly and random discourse.

Ever since I was a student I have been fascinated by the essential unreality of meaning. What starts out as yearning soon becomes corrupted into a dialectic of distress, leaving only a sense of what could have been and the dawn of a new beginning.

As wavering phenomena become transformed through diligent and critical practice, the viewer is left with an epitaph for the edges of our era.

Now to grab a camera and take a panel of images to meet that statement!! :eek:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    willie45, Zou and Catriona like this.
  2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

It does me me titter!
    However, it also made me think of compiling one in one sentence. I managed quite well. Now, when to use it? :rolleyes:

PhotoEcosse likes this.
  3. Catriona

Where do my missing letters go??

peterba likes this.
  4. Catriona

Here's my own made up artist statement in one sentence:

Kate invites us to an antipasti table of delights, to be enjoyed and savoured, as each mouthful offers up different flavours of innocent pleasure.

Now, where to use it?? Haha!

Kate

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  5. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

I like it! So far I've been able to let the organiser cobble some rubbish together for a couple of my exhibitions, otherwise I supply a short CV and that's it. However, I may well have to bite on the bullet so this could be useful!

Lynn

Catriona likes this.
  6. Catriona

You could have a lot of fun compiling one. :)

7. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

This is a brilliant tool! I love it!

I like this bit:

"With influences as diverse as Wittgenstein and Miles Davis...."

8. velocette

velocette Well-Known Member

At last a computer tool with real benefit to man, and woman kind. I shall use it often, especially on the Forum.

peterba likes this.
  9. Trannifan

The pseudo-scientific waffle delivered by artists claiming to be "investigating some sort of socio-whatever relationship" is mind boggling. One artist I know just rolled her eyes at the mention of it. I'll have to ask some gallery owners and the arts society leadership whether they take this stuff seriously!

Lynn

10. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

I suspect there are artists who just get on with making art whatever that might be, and there are art-lovers who enjoy it.

Then there are all the hangers on who read about it, write about it, pontificate about it and maybe give it a go, and are generally try to achieve some status by association with the product. They analyse explain the meaning and generally get on everyone else's tits, all the while exposing their own inadequacies.

I remember when I was at Uni my tutor shamefacedly admitted interviewing a major Scottish poet and asking him some bolloxy question because he hoped it would make him look like a poet too. The poet looked at him and said:"That's the kind of talk that stinks the joint" ;)

11. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

And I'm now a certified artist.

At least, I think that's what it said.

S

peterba, Trannifan and Catriona like this.
  12. Trannifan

On the other hand, I'm sorely tempted to add a sentence to my CV on the lines of,"I don't do ridiculous pretentious self-justification - either my pictures speak for themselves or they don't."

Lynn

steveandthedogs likes this.