1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Arran news..5 live now

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AGW, Jun 14, 2007.

1. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Just about to go on air....

Graeme

2. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

...and now I'm off the air...its been a stressful day...
    Looks like I'm going to have pictures (nasty record shots!) in the Scotsman and possibly the Daily Mail...gulp. Who knows where else..seems like there is a lot of interest.

Graeme

Graeme

3. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

I take it you've been caught flashing your sporran at English tourists again? [​IMG]

4. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

That's OK, the Judge will let you off for lack of evidence :D

5. Yelofox

Yelofox Well-Known Member

:D :D :D :D :D

6. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

I was worried for a while...that woman wanted to eat my berries......no I said! :D

Graeme

7. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

I'm sure she'd spit them out after ... [​IMG]

8. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

whince...... :(

Graeme

9. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

This is what the fuss is all about....

BBC News

Graeme

10. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

"Graeme Walker, of SNH, said recent research into the genetics of whitebeam trees had shown that the population was much more diverse than previously thought.

"These are unique trees which are native to Arran and not found anywhere else in the world," he said.

"We knew about the Arran whitebeam and the cut-leaved Arran whitebeam, which are also crosses between rowan and different species of whitebeam, but it has been really exciting to discover a completely new species.

"It is very complex picture but we think that the Arran whitebeams are gradually evolving towards a new type of tree which will probably look very similar to a rowan."

This is OUR very own Graeme! :eek: Wow, I'm impressed! Can I have your autograph of famous media type person.......................I hope you're not going to let this go to your head and demand a fee for appearing on here etc. :eek: :D ;)

Well done Graeme.....................proud of you oh discoverer of new species! :cool:

BigWill

11. Moos3h

Moos3h Well-Known Member

Wow, it sure is quiet up there eh? ;)

Nice one AGW! Will you still remember your ol' pals at the AP forums when you're dashing around in that stretch limo?

Cheers,
    James :D

12. Bettina

Bettina Well-Known Member

BigWill is getting all worked up over some trees. Wonder what his reaction would've been if it had been FLOWERS. :D

Well done, Graeme! :cool:

13. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Nice work Graeme....no extra piccies? Or do I need to get a paper today?

14. Rustyknight

Rustyknight Well-Known Member

Wonder if the wood would be any good for making benches......

15. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Obviously a classic case of 'Not being able to see the trees for the woods' syndrome.
    Congratulations on your discovery, I just hope that some loony doesn't decide to chop it down or add it to their collection!!

16. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

..............whoops...................you mean I SHOULDN'T have made that bench out of it! :eek:...................it wasn't the last one was it Graeme................oh dear....................looks like it's off to Osama's cave for me for a while! :eek:

Big(Chopper! :eek:)Will

17. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I know a bench that could do with a couple of new planks ;)

18. mjc7uk

mjc7uk Well-Known Member

Shiver me timber, bet you'd beaming with the news.

Well find!

19. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Nah, here's the article from The Scotsman

20. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Randy trees? . . . . . :D