1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Argos bargain XC 16-50 lens

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by TimHeath, Jan 6, 2015.

1. TimHeath

TimHeath Well-Known Member

2. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

A bit surprising, but it now appears to be out of stock!

3. TimHeath

It accepted my payment at about 1.30 and I've received an email confirming etc. It's currently listed at £285 on the Wex site, I thought it must be a mistake. :confused:

4. TimHeath

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Just received an email from Argos: "Due to a price error we will be unable to fulfil your order..."![/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Ah well, I thought it was too good to be true![/FONT]

5. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

That's unfortunate. :(

It seems to have been removed completely from the website.

6. Paul M

Paul M Well-Known Member

Tim, I'm sure I remember all the kerfuffle of the Amazon selling stock for a penny the other week that if they had taken the money from your account then they had to by law honour the price whether it was a mistake or not as a contract has been entered into. Therefore their refusal to supply maybe illlegal if you wanted to persue it.

7. TimHeath

Thanks Paul. They are sending me (and others) a £10 goodwill gift token and I accept that mistakes happen. I think they probably intended to price it at £239 showing a £50 reduction over it's normal price which is still a great buy from what I understand of the lens. I have the XF 18-55 anyway but couldn't resist a 'bargain' like that when I saw it.

I thought it was too good to be true!