1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Are CFexpress cards.......

Discussion in 'Nikon Chat' started by mediaman, Oct 23, 2019.

1. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I don't think it is that easy. I gather that the technologies are very different.

2. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Perhaps photo dealers do not want to compete with video dealers who are able to shift lots of XQD stock
    It may not be easy with existing chips, and the market would be very temporary.. I would think that the development effort would not be worth the reward. The main market for XQD is video and micro-SDHC would not be fast enough for that.

3. IanG1957

IanG1957 Well-Known Member

I have to disagree - the principal market for the XQD was photography, in general - SDHC manage to get the images off the camera and onto the card pretty fast, and in my experience with pro video photographers, their equipment is not shifting over to XQD yet...

Here in France I have yet to see CFexpress cheaper (let along half the price) of XQD, but it will no doubt come one day....

4. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I paid £100 for an XQD card recently*, I have seen them marginally cheaper but CFExpress cards are currently considerably more expensive, probably just as well that Nikon haven't updated the D4 firmware to accept them.

*I need another one too. Compact flash is 1/4 the price.