1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Aberdeen players any better or worse than Cummings?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Learning, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I dislike political hypocrisy. There is too much point scoring going on when minor players from any side of the political or nationalist divide transgress. I am making fun of the false indignation that is so prevalent. I agree that I poked with a stick. The Scots Nats made much political noise over this Cummings advisor yet accept the transgressions of their nationalist heroes, albeit only in sport.

2. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Disengenious John,
    The senior medic wifey who visited her holiday home twice and apparently when caught only fessed up to once was out. No one who has posted appears to give a crap about some aberdonian footballers - I certainly do not. I am not an aberdonian and I gave up any interest in football some time before 1967.
    Your second post was simply a forlone hope to stir things up a bit since the reponses to your initial post had proved a major disapointment to you.

Zou and steveandthedogs like this.
  3. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

As I recall there were pictures and most of the news sheets covered Kinnock's son, but he never went indoors.

4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I've heard he's a pretty tricky right winger, hard to tackle, and a player with great influence. Not quite as adept as Boris when it comes to getting balls into the box or scoring (ahem) and it's said he is poor at tracking back, despite an obvious talent for robust defence.

I haven't seen Aberdeen this term; hope the info helps. ;)

beatnik69, Learning, WillieJ and 3 others like this.
  5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Every single Scot I've discussed this with thinks the footballers were idiots and have no sympathy for them. I'd say "you can't make it up" but clearly you can!

WillieJ, daft_biker and Catriona like this.
  6. John King

John King Well-Known Member

Going indoors or not didn't come into the situation. The ruling was at the time that you were not allowed to travel. It was right at the start of the lockdown when those not going to work or for a medical appointment were only allowed outside for some form of exercise. Driving that distance is by any stretch of the imagination is not exercise.

7. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I've no time for Kinnock but you appear to think that the only legal activities out of one's home were attending a medical appointment or exercise. I suggest you familiarise yourself with the legislation before making further such comments. ;)

Below is copied from the law in Scotland (other parts of the UK have their own legislation but the format and wording was remarkably consistent):

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Sadly on my phone I'm struggling to copy over the offences section which also defines the reasonable defences. Worth reading.

9. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Sadly Gollum is not a minor player.

10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Further proof/footnote - the Celtic player who failed to quarantine on return from Spain has received a fixed penalty from the polis. No reveration/special treatment.

steveandthedogs likes this.