1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

APOY Round 1 feedback

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by lm1, Apr 21, 2015.

1. lm1

lm1 Well-Known Member

And so it begins.....
    Here's my effort for round one: Night photography ~ I was somewhat limited (just before my back op) so had to stay local
    The tree is in a neighbouring road and I had really liked the way the street light just in front (together with in camera flash) light up the bottom branches with the rest disappearing into the night.
    CC & feedback much appreciated
    Many thanks

[​IMG]

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Looks like there was some good stuff in there. Think this might have commanded more attention if the highlights had been brighter, but the tree is not a really attractive shape.

3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Good for you putting something in. I didn't, but have this time round.

It was a good idea, but as Mike has already said, the shape of the tree didn't help. I find my eye going up too quickly and not coming down again to the lit branches.

Have you put one in for the abstract round? If so, best of luck.

Kate

4. lm1

lm1 Well-Known Member

Thanks both for the feedback ~ I had rather liked the shape of the lower branches, in the lighting I thought they looked quite 'spooky' and a bit like reaching hands (obviously on too many meds!!)

Yep Kate i'm in for round 2
    Good luck to you :D

5. RovingMike

I just hit auto levels, then pulled some bits back with burning. You probably didn't want the background trees, but I quite like them. And the tree looks more dramatic to me too. What do you think?

[​IMG]

6. lm1

lm1 Well-Known Member

Thanks RM, I like it (not sure what you used, as auto levels doesn't have same degree of impact for me using elements 9)
    I did want the hint of background trees as I quite liked the suggestion that there was 'more beyond'...

7. PMurrell

PMurrell Well-Known Member

8. RovingMike

Oh, I'm using an old steam driven version. CS3 I think. Still has an old Auto Levels button.

9. YoshiK1

YoshiK1 Well-Known Member

The tree would have been ace with a spooky figure in the background!

10. chrisevans

chrisevans Well-Known Member

11. chrisevans

chrisevans Well-Known Member

To quote a well known National Geographic snapper
    "I've not seen a landscape yet that wouldn't look better if I put a person in it"
    Not sure he's right on all accounts but I do see what he means.

12. YoshiK1

YoshiK1 Well-Known Member

I would probably agree with that with some exceptions although a picture of a tree isn't a landscape? lol.