1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

APOY 2021 launch in AP issue dated 9th of February

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Chester AP, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

My issue arrived today and I notice that the APOY prizes are no longer Sigma hardware that only some people can use (because of its compatibility with only a limited number of camera brands), but are now vouchers to spend on anything at MPB (including second hand stuff).

I wonder where they got the idea from?

https://www.amateurphotographer.co....ated-20-10-18-why-so-few-apoy-entries.137897/

Now all I have to do is overcome my concerns about using a third-party website to enter a picture in the competition.

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

The sponsor probably :)

3. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

As a regular reader, I have noticed that the relationship between AP and MPB has developed in recent years, so if MPB suggested it perhaps it's just a coincidence. Certainly this prize arrangement should appeal to many more people.

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Yes, MPB are the sponsors and they are MPB vouchers. Just as they were Sigma vouchers when Sigma were the sponsor. Good cheap advertising for MPB now they are operating in the US and Germany as well as UK.