1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

APOY 2016 Round 1 Abstract (didn't quite make it images i.e. failures!!)

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by PMurrell, Apr 27, 2016.

1. PMurrell

PMurrell Well-Known Member

Zou likes this.
  2. luisport

luisport Well-Known Member

And here goes mine.

[​IMG]

lfc1892, PMurrell and Zou like this.
  3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

And here's mine. Failed the test. as ever.
    Kate Ferris abstract.jpg

I know very well that we could all have put in surreal shots, or creative constructs, but we kept to the brief. Well done you two!!

PMurrell and Zou like this.
  4. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Well I kind of strayed off the brief slightly, and still got nowhere. Never mind, onward to next month. :)

h.jpg

PMurrell likes this.
  5. RobertCoombes

RobertCoombes Well-Known Member

Here is mine.
    [​IMG]

6. Brian_Duffy

Brian_Duffy Well-Known Member

7. PMurrell

PMurrell Well-Known Member

Good images!

8. mark 1

mark 1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

PMurrell and Zou like this.
  9. lm1

lm1 Well-Known Member

Here's mine. Really limited again due to my stupid back, so I experimented with techniques. It was a good learning opportunity for me if nothing else! Probably left the judges a bit dizzy!!

[​IMG]

PMurrell likes this.
  10. luisport

luisport Well-Known Member

11. lm1

lm1 Well-Known Member

I've just caught up with the above linked thread. I must admit, for me I tend to look at the round info rather than just the title. I get the feeling the titles are chosen simply to make them sound a bit more interesting!! i.e. 'round 1 abstracts' vs 'round 1 a sense of doubt - abstracts'. The description they provide is more useful for me, though still leaves some question marks over some of the top 30...(and come to think of it, clearly not that useful to me as I never get anywhere :D)

Abstract photography involves exploring the world through details. That doesn’t mean just getting in close with a macro lens, though. It means shooting a subject in such a way that it is separated from usual representations of that object. It can mean shooting and framing your images so the primary concern is squarely on the strange patterns, shapes and textures that make up the world around us. Finding abstract images means treating the world around you in a very different way. Every little nook and cranny holds potential: the moss growing on a garden wall; the rust of your car door; the melting ice found in your freezer. You can be as experimental as you like, even down to using in-camera techniques such as slow shutter speeds.
    Abstracts can be found everywhere, and in everything, from the street where you live to the darkest forest. We’re putting no restrictions on your subject. This is your chance to be truly adventurous.

12. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

13. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member