1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AP Subscription 11 October 2019

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by swanseadave, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Arrived this morning which I consider a day late. It usually arrives Saturday or Monday but publication day at retail outlets is Tuesday.

2. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Mine has come today (Thursday) but unfortunately no slice of cake:(

SXH likes this.
  3. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

As has mine Roger but no cake either.o_OI suppose I should now tell Magazines Direct that it has landed.I`d still like to know why this long delay though.

Also there`s been no response from AP staffers or one of the mods.

RogerMac likes this.
  4. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Still no sign up here in the wilds of Rochdale - although the local postie is hardly Billy Whizz, so there's still a chance of it arriving later this afternoon.

Cheers, Jeff

5. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Mine has just this minute dropped through the door. I doubt if it's due to contacting the website yesterday .

S

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I just heard that mine arrived today - so will be reading it when I get back tomorrow night

7. Elliejones

Elliejones Active Member

Didn't get mine last week at all, This weeks came through ok on Saturday

8. Nigel_Atherton

Nigel_Atherton Group Editor

Apologies for not replying to this thread sooner. Also apologies that the 135th anniversary issue (12th Oct) was so late. As this was a special issue we decided to add a fifth colour (silver) and a UV varnish, but the printers screwed this up and had to reprint the cover again. We were warned that subscribers would get their copies late but we were led to assume it would only be by a day or two. As it happens it seems that many subscribers didn't get their copies till thursday, which is unforgivably late. Sorry about that.
    I hope the issue was worth the wait.

daft_biker likes this.
  9. Elliejones

Elliejones Active Member

I haven't actually received my copy at all..... So couldn't say whether it was worth the wait or not... so remain rather disappointed

10. Nigel_Atherton

Really sorry to hear this Ellie. Please email me at nigel.atherton@ti-media.com with your address and subscriber number and I'll get it sorted for you immediately.

11. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

I have put my personal experience of this on previous threads.
    I live in a rural area and I have 2 or 3 copies go astray each year.

To summarise: Once upon a time I could ring Magazines Direct (who appear to be in charge of subscriptions) on 0330 3334555 on the Tuesday after the non-arrival of the magazine and a replacement would be posted that day (sending an email is pointless). But in recent years they have stopped being so helpful, and now will not accept advice of non-arrival until the Thursday , which mans that on that day they may not have a copy in stock to send as a replacement. This has happened to me, I was advised that they have to wait until unsold copies are returned from retailers before one of those can be sent to me. The usual offer to extend the subscription by one week instead of sending a replacement copy may be easier for them, but ignores the reason for having a subscription.

12. Nigel_Atherton

If all else fails in these situations its worth dropping me an email. We usually keep a half dozen spare copies in the office and may be able to help.

13. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Thank you - I'll remember this as a last resort, knowing how busy the AP team must be. The non-availability of a replacement copy on the Thursday has only happened once (so far), and I finally got that missing copy about 2 weeks later than usual. To be sensible about this, it's not a disaster, but annoying.

Do I assume that when Magazines Direct chose to reduce the level of customer service (by refusing to send out replacement copies before Thursday when previously they would do so on Tuesday) that you, along with all the subscribers, were not informed?

14. Nigel_Atherton

You assume correctly. Most of these discussions between company management (ie TI Media, not AP management) and external service providers do not filter down to the editorial team, unless it involves some action that we need to take. Its also possible that sometimes I'm told things but either forget or miss them among the mountain of other communications.

15. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

I subscribe to AP and a weekly motoring magazine that should be delivered on Wednesdays. A couple of months back I started to note in my diary on what days these magazines were arriving.
    AP was usually pretty regular on Saturdays (over 20 years at current address) but this year it seems to be most likely to arrive on a Monday or Tuesday. The Wednesday mag again was almost invariably delivered on Wednesday but again this year it is more likely Thursday, occasionally Friday and on a couple of occasions Saturday.

Am not sure if it is the publishers or distributors at fault or if it is down to Royal Mail.... and it's not as if I live out in the sticks miles from civilisation

16. Nigel_Atherton

Thanks. My own subscription copy usually arrives on a monday but it's supposed to be delivered on saturday.

17. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Mine arrived on Saturday (2nd Nov), it seems they arrive on time more often than not.

18. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Mine was back to Saturday this week.