1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AP issue dated 14.11.20 delayed due to 'issues' at the printers

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Chester AP, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Wednesday 11.11.20, after my postal delivery - no sign of this issue expected on Monday, so I called Kelsey. After being told that there had again been 'issues' at the printers, and consequently this issue would arrive late, I asked why they hadn't sent an email to subscribers (as was was done in a similar situation a few weeks ago). The lady I spoke to thought this had been done, but I have not received it.

Has anybody else received an email about this?

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

No, mine came Monday, last week it turned up in Saturday. I only just opened the envelope (paper post gets quarantined).

3. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Mine arrived , and it looks like some interesting articles I look forward to.

4. cliveva

cliveva Well-Known Member

No email, except offers, but did get my copy. Had to request by email a missing copy 10/10, and arrived three days later.

5. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Mine not arrived yet and no email.

6. Learning

It arrived a few minutes ago.
    I don't trust the envelope so after opening it and letting the magazine slide out I wash my hands. I would be very surprised indeed if there is any individual handling of magazines.

7. Learning

Kelsey seem not to be the only publisher of periodicals having trouble with RM.
    I've just received an email from Immediate Media Co, who post Radio Times to subscribers. They comment that "Royal Mail have been operating with regional staff shortages due to the virus, meaning that there have been postal delays in many areas."
    So far my Radio Times has been delivered on time most weeks.

8. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Not received an email. My subscription copy arrived today (Thursday); last week's arrived on the Tuesday.
    There really should be no excuse for the printers running late, it's a weekly publication and they ought to be geared up to print at the same time every week. The postal service is bad enough as it is, without late printing and despatch from the printers.
    The other weekly title I subscribe to should arrive every Wednesday and this week's copy has not arrived yet.

9. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Mine landed on the door mat on Tuesday as usual.

10. Chester AP

I called Kelsey again on Friday and was again told that an email should have been sent, but apparently wasn't.
    I was told that copies were posted late (mid-week), so how some of you got them in the post before this is a mystery unless some copies were posted as usual and some subscribers had their copies posted later (like me). Today is Saturday and it hasn't arrived yet...

I hope they don't persuade Dominic Cummings (who may soon be looking for a job?) to help sort out their problems.

11. IvorETower

I've not had any emails. And no copy turned up in today's post, Here's hoping for Monday.....

12. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Mine arrived on Thursday

13. Learning

Kelsey, or any other magazine publishing house could not possibly afford him!

14. Chester AP

My issue dated 14th of November finally arrived today (16th), one week late and in the same delivery as the next issue.
    The old joke about waiting for a bus comes to mind - you wait all week and then two arrive at once.

15. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

For the first time in months my 21.11 copy arrived on Monday, will we get back to it arriving the Saturday before?

16. IvorETower

My copy has also arrived in today's post

17. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I lost count (think it was -3 weeks) but I had a Saturday delivery. During first lockdown the post stopped delivering Saturdays so I think that crystallised a change in routine. My copy came today (at least it looks like the right envelope).

18. Chester AP

I assume the editor won't mind if I share this with you. It is part of a personal reply sent to me yesterday, in response to my email about an 'Inbox' letter on another matter, in which I also mentioned receiving the issue dated 14.11.20 a week late.

Thanks Chester. My copy arrived a week late too. I was extremely annoyed about this because we have brought our printing slot forward by 24 hours so that subscribers would get their copies earlier, so I have complained to the management about it in the strongest possible terms. I have been told that they will be asking the delivery company for a full explanation and a reassurance that this won't occur again. Let's see what happens.

19. IvorETower

My subscription copy arrived on Saturday morning, 2 days ago.... looks like "normal service" may have resumed ;-)

20. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

So did mine