1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Anyone get the £4.99 SD card from WH Smiths with AP this week?

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by broadstairs, Jan 4, 2014.

1. broadstairs

broadstairs Active Member

I was in WH Smiths in Canterbury city centre yesterday and noticed that they had an exclusive off splash on the front cover that if you purchased AP or a couple of other titles you could get a PNY 8gb SD card for £4.99. Well I tried but no staff in the shop were able to help, the guy at the magazine checkout said he knew nothing about it and anyway the SD cards were all at another checkout, so I went to the checkout where they had the SD cards and I could see the card mentioned in the offer behind the counter but the lady there said 'nothing to do with me you need to go to the magazine checkout'.

So I totally failed to buy the magazine and card so I bought nothing!

Anyone else here manage to get a card with their AP purchase?

Stuart

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Re: Anyone get the £4.99 SD card from WH Smiths with AP this wee

In these situations ask to speak to the manager!

3. broadstairs

Yes unfortunately I was on my way to the local hospital to pick up my son so I did not have much time to argue, and since I dont live in Canterbury going back is not an easy option. I have emailed WHSmith customer service though.

Stuart

4. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Has anyone had any joy with this offer as my local WHS still has the magazine on the shelf?

5. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

....... or just get a SD card with free (or cheap) postage from this list.

http://tinyurl.com/osemjjm

6. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Thanks Roger. I didn't want the card but just interested if anyone had managed to get one.

7. broadstairs

It was convenient to get a spare card for my wife's camera as I was going to buy the magazine as well. Anyway I've heard nothing from WHSmith Customer services yet! I know I can get them elsewhere for a similar price.

Stuart

8. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

Hi

I raised your queries with Marketforce (IPCs distributor) and they have been in contact with the buyer regarding staff briefings.

Just to let you know this offer is running in Smith's for a month so when you purchase your next copy of AP (or What Digital Camera or What Camera and Lens) you can buy a memory card for £4.99 at the same time.

Chrissie

9. broadstairs

Thanks Chrissie. I may visit my local WHS later in the week....

Stuart

10. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

If you search Tesco (extra stores) you might be able to find some Sandisk SD cards cheap - 4gb/£2 8gb/£3

I picked up 2 8gb cards yesterday - just make sure the barcode is 619659087203

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  11. broadstairs

Well I went to WH Smiths today to purchase AP and was able to get a card at the £4.99 price.

Stuart