1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone fancy a bash at a save?

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by gray1720, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

That might explain it, thanks Pete

2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Sorry, my fault - I always compress quite heavily, forgot that would be a PITA for anyone trying to fiddle with it!

3. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Here's another one done with Nikon studio.
    orig_01.JPG
    I used one U point in the sky, one on the green grass, and one on the brownish grass. No explicit selection. Nikon studio is free (effectively included in the cost of any Nikon Camera.)

The one I did earlier was done in Affinity Photo.I used a flood selection on the sky, then a refine selection tool for the loan tree. After that I created an adjustment layer to adjust the black point.
    The neat bit to get the selection for the ground is to just invert the first selection; this causes no nasty gaps in the selections. The main adjust layer there was to increase vibrance and saturation but I also slightly modified brightness and contrast.
    Affinity is presently on offer for peanuts.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

If you are resizing to 800 px then you shouldn't need to compress. Files seem to turn out about 300 kb.

5. Steve Hayto

Steve Hayto Well-Known Member

bit late to the party but thought I'd give it a go
    thinking, maybe go for a slightly moody look, strengthen the horizon ?
    a few global tweeks here and there using Rawtherapee oh' and ND grad which really isn't much cop though sort of does the job if used sparingly

_DSC0262-1.jpg