1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any UK hosting sites with online gallery and prints?

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by Legojon, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Legojon

Legojon Active Member

Not sure if this is quite the right forum section. I've noticed some sites like Pixieset and Zenfolio do pretty much what I'm after. Eg, after an event I'd like to put up a gallery of peoples cars and give them the links and the opportunity to download photos or buy physical prints. Trouble is, both sites are US based and Pixieset says all transactions will be in US dollars. I can't see this being appealing to my target audience.

So... are there any UK equivalents anyone can recommend?

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Flickr, Photobox? Must be a fair few out there plus companies who’ll sell a customised e-commerce site.

Legojon likes this.
  3. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Legojon likes this.
  4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Legojon likes this.
  5. Legojon

Legojon Active Member

Thanks for all the suggestions. It looks like Picfair might be the winner here. I'll post a link once I've got it all set up (need to remove my watermarks as they add their own and sort out gallery display).

I've signed up for pretty much all of them to give them a try.
    Pixieset is nice, I really like it. But navigation is really clunky (as been mentioned on here before). It's really frustrating trying to navigate back up to switch album.
    Squarespace I gave up on. It doesn't allow selling. But as a gallery, I found the designer too complicated and adding pages / projects took ages.
    Flickr I can't see how to do galleries. But also, it seems to let you buy prints, but not other people.
    Photobox same as above.
    ImageFile looked like a combination of Squarespace and Picfair. I may go back and have another look at it once I've have a play with Picfair a bit more.

Trub is, Picfair, whilst not the best looking of the bunch. It was so quick and easy to set up. Photos have to be moderated (24 hours apparently). Although I hope that some level of trust speeds this up over time. So I'll get my last couple of events uploaded and see how it looks.

EightBitTony likes this.
  6. Legojon

Legojon Active Member

So yeah, very much a work in progress. But this is what I've got so far:
    http://www.legojon.co.uk/

Only downside to picfair is they have to approve every image. So I'm still waiting for about 70 of them. This could be a bit of a downer after an event where I have to wait 24 hours for the photos to be approved.

7. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Who do they do their printing through?