1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Another Person Joins The Ranks Of The Unemployed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Derek W, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

2. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

You read the Sun??

3. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Sorry. Refuse to open that link from that piece of toilet paper.

Scphoto, beatnik69 and Zou like this.
  4. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Seems quite tame compared to the abuse supermarket workers face on a daily basis.

RovingMike and neilt3 like this.
  5. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Agree I have a friend who was recently spat at and the same customer suggested he would wait outside to rearrange said friends facial features because art the time his shop had limits of 2 packs of loo roll per customer and said customer wanted to buy 10!

Same day one of his colleagues was reduced to tears by someone who wanted to buy 25 packs of paracetamol. she was accused of using the pandemic as an excuse to deny him his "right" to buy that much when it's been illegal to sell more than I think 2 packs for years nothing to do with covid-19.

I used to work in retail myself I was a bookseller for 20 years okay you don't get the same level of abuse but its still there to me it is impossible to be rude to someone who works in retail even if they're rude to me I just think maybe they just had a nasty customer

6. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Well-Known Member

Funily enough I've just finished watching a video on making alcohol from toilet paper

Not sure I'd try it with newspaper (almost as bad as used toilet paper?)

7. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

No, please read my post carefully, I get a Google news feed and it just so happened that the feed decided to open up the link to the Sun

The last time I bought a news paper was for my Dad when I was about 14 years old, and that's because he gave me some extra money so I could by the Warlord comic

I am aware that there are some people who do not like the Sun which is why I mentioned where the link went to.

8. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

Read!?

Lynn

9. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I doubt that the report provides anything like the full story but that's the tabloids for you. :(

10. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I won’t have the daily mail the express or Sun in the house. I last bought a newspaper over two years ago. I do read links to papers as in this case they are usually amusing x Don

11. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Problem is, if you click on the link they still get money from the advertising revenue.

12. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Even if I am running AdBlocker Ultimate? Sometimes I am blocked. I just don't proceed so I miss there propaganda. I don't care. Often I follow links to the Guardian (I call it that now because now they spell better than I). The Guardian pesters me for contributions. They should be paying me to read the left wing rubbish that I like to mock. I haven't given 'em a penny.
    Daily printed press is possibly almost history. I might subscribe to a daily digital news-sheet but for now rely on the BBC website. for news
    This thread encourages me to discus magazines. I like well printed magazines like BJP even if their content is a bit 'arty farty' for me. I presently subscribe to Amateur photographer in the paper edition. It is not printed as well as BJP. After Royal Mail fu****-up a recent paper delivery I chose a digital edition of a missing AP. since paper replacements were no longer available. Even on my old 30" Dell monitor I found that the digital edition looked better than the paper edition. I might go digital. My concern is that a digital only version of AP might prove fragile.

13. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Confused at that statement. Fragile? In what way?

14. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

If a web site doesn’t want me to see their content without accepting advertising I am more than happy to forego said content. I am equally happy to miss out on content from Facebook in forum posts, other forums that is, I run Amazon in a container tab to prevent others knowing what I am looking at, likewise Facebook. It seems far too many people can find out far too much about what I do online so I’ll do what I can to frustrate them. GDPR was a good idea compromised by a an absence of common sense, we need something better.

15. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Yup, can't disagree with that
    "Have you any salmon in the back?
    No madam it's Christmas Eve,it was reduced and all of our fish has been sold (it was 4.55)
    Well I bet that Morrisons will have some you f'ing tw't of a Dangie:). And I bet it's cheaper.
    Of course madam is welcome to try there but I believe they are closing at 5 o'clock today..."