1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another of my macros

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by gazraa, Jun 9, 2005.

1. gazraa

gazraa Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

ok, so there are a few burnt highlights, but does it still pass as a good image?

Coolpix 4500
    white balance was set wrong, hence the brnt out highlights. Might be able to salvage a bit more in photoshop.

2. Bettina

Bettina Well-Known Member

It would even be better without that ugly bug spoiling it! ;) No, really, I do like it! Nice one! :)

3. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Looks like a good image to me.

4. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Well I like it....lots! I know how crafty you have to be to get the shot well done!

Graeme

5. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I reckon it has promise. A bit of nifty cloning/healing brush should help with the blown bits.

6. gazraa

gazraa Well-Known Member

yeah, i'll have to spend a bit of time on it in photoshop. I quite like the composition and the way the depth of field blurs out the foreground and background nicely. Might see if I can sharpen the fly up a little too.

I'll keep working on it....

7. 0

0 Guest

No comment, as I spend my working life trying to get rid of bugs. :D

8. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

I love the effect Garry but wished the fly had more detail – not easy I know, but still a very good effort :)

Chris [​IMG] ...one only gets to the top by keep climbing (Siuya)

9. Bettina

Bettina Well-Known Member

Jeez, Chris, it has enough detail to scare the proverbial out of me!

10. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

I love macro photography but the detail has to be there or what's the point? - however, the image itself is a good effect :)

Have a look at these...

How it's done!

Chris [​IMG] ...I wish I was that good!

11. gazraa

gazraa Well-Known Member

I've been following Mr Plonsky's work for a while, in fact it was one of his images that first got me into photography and macro. SOme of his images are fantastic and when you look at the fairly basic kit he uses to do it, it makes you wonder why people spend hundreds of pounds on equipment when a 5mp point and shoot (kind of), a decent flash and a few lense accessories is all you really need.....

.... plus of course the skill and know how to use it all properly.... but I think you can get that on ebay can't you???