1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another newcomer.

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Red Fox, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Red Fox

Red Fox New Member

Have been interested in armature photography form many years, but neve really spend enough time to get good at it.
    My serious cameras started with a Olympus SLR film camera that is used through the 90s and early 00s. It was a camera that was not particularly reliable but I did get some good pictures. Around 2005 I purchase my first Canon camera following my sons rave review of his Canon camera. From then until recently my EOS300D has been faultless. Then about a 2 years ago the kit 18-55 lens decided it did not like Zooming anymore. So I purchase a used EFS17-85 which lasted about a year before the focusing ribbon decided to give up, I decided that this was a job for the professionals and paid a lot of money to have it fixed. This then was delayed because of lockdown so I decided to see if I could fix my 18-55 (nothing ventured nothing gained) anyway i could not go away anywhere anyway. Suffice to say I managed to fix it. Then I realise my Camera has decided it wants attention, the plastic pin that control's the sub mirror has snapped ( as I have just discovered curtesy of google). Looks as though I shall have another challenge when we go into lockdown again!