1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by mancunian, Aug 11, 2011.

1. mancunian

mancunian Well-Known Member

Hi all

Another newbie here :confused:
    I have always had an intrest in photography but only recently took the plunge to my first "grown up" camera , which now gets pointed at anything and everything .

As a newbie i really am a novice and just finding my own way round ,i have posted a couple in the apraisal forum so any advice on those would be appreciated

thanks

Jason

2. laj

laj Well-Known Member

Hi, I am completley new to this too. Just booked myself on a beginners DSLR course to help me learn how to use my camera properly

Laura

3. Tony Everett

Tony Everett Active Member

Hi & Welcome .....

4. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Hello. :)

Does the 'grown up' camera mean a dSLR :D

5. mancunian

Hi thanks for the welcomes

Laura - at the moment im just selecting a feature and reading up on it as well as practising , my apple tree and dogs think they are film stars they been "papped" that much

P_Stoddart - yeah i mean dslr is my grown up cam , but still keep my point n shoot handy
    ;)

6. laj

laj Well-Known Member

7. Fletcher

Fletcher Member

Hello and welcome to the forum..!!
    Hope you will enjoy your stay and will find this forum a value able source of different useful tips,suggestions and information for yourself...!!!

8. mancunian

love the picture tittled polly , the cat in the grass it really captures the concentration

9. mancunian

Thanks
    Was a lurker/reader and cleaming lots of info and tips from here , so thought it was time to join in with the communitty

10. laj

laj Well-Known Member

Thank you

11. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

Hi Jason,

glad you decided to take the plunge and join in. :)

12. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

My compact point and shoot travels in the case with the DSLR- I use it when I'm taking close ups of friends or any situation where by the time I've set up the DSLR the moment may have gone. I know the layout of the compact and how to use it better than I do the DSLR at the moment and I've got some very good shots with it over the 13 months I've had it. The only odd problem I've had with it recently is it won't upload to my PC, the PC knows the camera is there but when I try to upload it sits there then tells me there is no camera connected- it's not a problem, I have a card reader and that works just fine but it is puzzling. I think it may be at the PC end as I can still charge the camera from the PC

13. goara

goara Member

There maybe a software update for it floating around on the net, try having a look and welcome Jason, Nice pictures.

Goara