1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

An Interesting Approach to Landscapes...

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by SXH, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

It is the same process as location finding and staging a film set , but for a single image.
    It is as valid as those people who create dioramas in a studio to create their images, but on a grand scale.

What is perhaps more surprising is that it viable from a financial aspect.

It is a large scale version of Margaret Cameron's approach to photography. Where she dressed and staged her sitters as characters from the past.

It has a long tradition in photography from its earliest days.

Catriona likes this.
  2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I wondered about that and how much of the 'he trucks in loads of stuff' is genuinely true, or, whether he's independantly wealthy and this is just a fun passtime he funds.

3. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

JMC did dress a lot of characters but she was a great portraitist with the advantage of having many of the most famous people of the day as friends. I went to Dimbola several years ago and absolutely loved many of the displays. I think believe I saw an exhibition in london 10 years ago or so.

4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Everything any of us says about an image says as much about ourselves as it does about the image. More in many cases. It is always up to the reader to decide whether we are describing our own critical capabilities more than the image.

EightBitTony likes this.