1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Amateur Photographer Magazine APOY Competition Photoshop rules!

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by happysnapper888, May 23, 2011.

1. Hi folks,
    Sorry if I have posted this question in the wrong place but I can't seem to find any answers to my query anywhere. I am thinking of entering the Macro APOY competition this month but I'm wanting to know whether I can use Photoshop on my photo. I don't mean the usual alterations like, contrast and saturation levels - I mean getting rid of or cloning out unwanted ghosting or blur on a bird's body or another subject. Is this allowed as the APOY rules do not go into this at all. Thanks very much - any help would be most appreciated.

2. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Re: Amateur Photographer Magazine APOY Competition Photoshop rul

I don't think it's mentioned in the rules as it's not an issue, per se. The images are judged on their own merit, not how they were created/achieved. After all, much of what can be done in PS could (in all essence) be done in the darkroom of old.

Bottom line; fill the brief of the round and produce the best image possible.

3. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

And don't forget the closing date is this Friday!

4. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

^WTS^ :)

As an aside I would also ask forum members to consider the advice in my signature or, failing that, check their PMs/notification preferences.

I often seek clarification of, or reply to, posts via PM.
    My PMs often remain unread

5. Re: Amateur Photographer Magazine APOY Competition Photoshop rul

Thanks for all the advice. I was worried as I could not see any thing in regards to Photoshop or photographic editing in the competition rules, as I thought any changes would have to be stated on the entry details. I will get my photo ready and yes, I'll have it entered by Friday, asap! Thanks again folks!