1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

amateur models

Discussion in 'The Games Room' started by jonpea, Mar 19, 2019.

1. jonpea

jonpea New Member

hi. im very new but a very keen amateur photographer. where are the best places to post adds or look for amateur female models.

many thanks

2. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Probably not in the games room.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

It does make you wonder! Don't think I remember a post here in recent times!

No advertising here but I'd imagine most photographic studios run training days with models and would probably have connections. Technically speaking, indoors or out, it is the lighting that is most important and needs a team effort. Some camera clubs I believe organise portraiture sessions. AP used to carry ads for modelling agencies but the current edition doesn't. The cheapest fall back if you are beginning is to ask friends/peers which I think is what the colleges do

4. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Actually, colleges aren't a bad place to look for models, particularly if they run hair and beauty courses.

5. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

People are more worried today about the credentials of the photographer.
    In the 50's we could put a request on the college notice board and be inundated with offers to model.
    Today such a notice would be taken down in seconds, unless it had a colleges approval.

There are many beautiful Girls every where. why not stop and ask them.
    Have suitable business cards to leave with them, with your details and web site so that they can check you out.
    If they are to trust you... you must trust them.

6. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Something similar happened to my wife a couple of weeks ago. Whilst shopping in the local vegetarian shop the part time assistant pressed a flier onto her asking for a volunteer old lady to act in a short video playlet for the Uni drama facilty. Upshot was that we supplied the leading lady and studio space(aka our front room) and I got to take the group photos. It was all great fun but how could they have guessed that SWIMBO had drama qualification, which she never used?

7. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

In the 1960s that worked for me. These days it might lead to a pithy reply in which the word "off" would feature prominently. It could have even worse consequences but let's not go there... ;)

8. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I have found several models that put their cards in telephone boxes, mainly in London though. I think they are multi talented as they do offer other services.

9. Jack D3200

Jack D3200 Well-Known Member

Do they travel?

10. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

11. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

If you don't ask you won't get.
    Which applies to all girls and all questions:rolleyes:

dream_police likes this.