1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i allowed..........

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by patrington1a, Feb 23, 2018.

  1. patrington1a

    patrington1a Well-Known Member

    Going to take a very funny pic using a can of Gillette shaving foam for a newspaper. Am I allwed to use the word Gillette or do I have to turn the can around and not advertise? Thanks.
  2. Learning

    Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

    Why not ask Gillette and the newspaper?
  3. PeteRob

    PeteRob Well-Known Member

    Depends entirely on the picture.
  4. spinno

    spinno Well-Known Member

    Any ridicule involved?
  5. PeteRob

    PeteRob Well-Known Member

    Which is what I meant. If you are showing the product in a way that is negative to the brand, suggests a dangerous use of the product or modifies in anyway the appearence including labelling (text, font, colour) of the tin then don't. If it is a prop that you want to be immediately identified as shaving foam rather than, say, oven cleaner then as long as it reflects the normal intended use of the product it should be OK. It is a household article.
  6. patrington1a

    patrington1a Well-Known Member

    Thanks Pete, It`s only showing the pressure of the can.The pic will not offend,it will amuse the gell manufacturer.
  7. EightBitTony

    EightBitTony Well-Known Member

    Unless it can be considered dangerous, or in any way promotes abnormal use of the product, or appears to endorse etc., etc., etc.

    It's a minefield.
  8. patrington1a

    patrington1a Well-Known Member

    Thanks for all that info.

Share This Page