1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i allowed..........

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by patrington1a, Feb 23, 2018.

1. patrington1a

patrington1a Well-Known Member

Going to take a very funny pic using a can of Gillette shaving foam for a newspaper. Am I allwed to use the word Gillette or do I have to turn the can around and not advertise? Thanks.

2. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Why not ask Gillette and the newspaper?

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Depends entirely on the picture.

4. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Any ridicule involved?

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Which is what I meant. If you are showing the product in a way that is negative to the brand, suggests a dangerous use of the product or modifies in anyway the appearence including labelling (text, font, colour) of the tin then don't. If it is a prop that you want to be immediately identified as shaving foam rather than, say, oven cleaner then as long as it reflects the normal intended use of the product it should be OK. It is a household article.

6. patrington1a

Thanks Pete, It`s only showing the pressure of the can.The pic will not offend,it will amuse the gell manufacturer.

7. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Unless it can be considered dangerous, or in any way promotes abnormal use of the product, or appears to endorse etc., etc., etc.

It's a minefield.

8. patrington1a

Thanks for all that info.