1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All things, eh

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by TimF, Feb 14, 2006.

1. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Does that include TVs, Hi-Fi and vacuum cleaners? ;)

2. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I guess this means that the KM room will shortly be renamed Sony Chat...

Tempus fugit..........tempers fray.......... :D

3. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Well, being as this is a photography forum...

I'm sure, if you really feel the need, you'll be able to find a forum about vacuum cleaners somewhere!

;)

4. Now Fenris I am glad you mentioned that.

I bought a Panasonic Vacuum cleaner five years ago and the mains slider switch (on/off plus speed control) broke after one year. They sent another and after five weeks that broke.

Now we have to insert a pointed object in the slider to adjust the speed. This means it is set permanently to full throttle.

As I am a beginner to vacuum cleaner tuning, can you suggest a book that gives the basics without too much of this f5.6 @ 1/2004 stuff?

Secondly, is AP go to run a comparative test on different bags? Are the aftermarket bags any good? I notice that if I take the bag out and empty it, the after market ones collapse after two uses. Do any of your other readers have this problem?

Can you publish a test chart showing the comprehensive specifications of each model as the trim differences are quite confusing.

Do you think the advent of the bagless ones will make these earlier ones with bags collectable?

Now about their TVs

So many more questions to ask ......

5. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Well, interesting that you should ask that. The last time I went to buy new bags for my Electrolux (sorry - not trying to start another tedious Panasonic vs. Electrolux thread - honest!) the bloke in the shop said, "Not sure how much longer these will be available." He didn't actually try to sell me a Dyson on the spot, but, well - makes you think.

6. ncmoody

ncmoody Well-Known Member

No, but we could start one Bag Vs. No-Bag.
    Debating if the superior suction of the bagless outweighs the advantage of not getting covered in dust when emptying :D

7. I don't know how you can ever consider a bagless one as the equivalent of a bagged one. One has a 100 year history and the other a mere ten years

If you examine the carpet carefully after you clean it with a "bagless" you can see that the "tufts" are not as regular as the ones that the bagged variety has left. Once again the older technology has produced that even gradation that is so much the hallmark of a well cleaned carpet.

If you view your carpet at a normal distance you may not be able to see the difference, but the whole "ambience" of colour and design is threatened by the advent of these electronic monstrosities. The lack of a "it beats as it sweeps as its cleans" action alone is a mockery of the whole science of "vaccuming"

A carpet should show a smooth transition from one colour to another. This "clumping" means that after you have vacuumed it with a bagless, you have to smooth it down with a traditional carpet brush. So though the running cost can be perceived as less, if you take the additional initial cost of a bagless plus the increase in time going over it twice, you have not got an improvement.

Now my old Hoover Junior was made of polished aluminium and the casing does not crack like these ...............

I'll stop now before I offend someone!

Paul

May the vacuum be with you!

8. ncmoody

ncmoody Well-Known Member

TOO LATE I am deeply offended that you could write such drivel in defence of the indefencable.
    You have shown your incompetence in even suggesting that bagged vacuums are in any way equal let alone superior to the bagless vortex variety. :D

9. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Okay - let's cool it, everybody. I'm sure we can all agree that there's more than one way to clean a carpet. I myself still have one of those push-pull sweeper things, and if I'm really honest, there's even a dust pan and brush lurking in the kitchen. But I can still understand that there will be some for whom a vacuum device of some sort is the most convenient carpet cleaner. After all, I have one myself, and yes, I do use it. They're just tools - it's a case of horses for courses. Let's get back to discussing the really important issues of interior decor - that's why we're all here, isn't it?

10. geepee

geepee Well-Known Member

In my opinion they both suck. :D :D

11. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

What, you have carpets? Luxury! ;)

12. InkyBob

InkyBob Well-Known Member

Have Dyson got any plans to make Cameras.?
    Would it be all brightly coloured plastic, see through bits and massively over-priced? :D

13. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

Psst! Ian. They already do.........

......under the Canon brand-name! :D

14. Stevet

Stevet Well-Known Member

Come on Tim, you have got the panasonic forum description changed. Now get yourself over to the Sony forum or we will be suffering mp3 v CD v Minidisk v cassette wars! (and a lot more besides ;))

15. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Well-Known Member

Some people have far too much time on their hands ;)

A least you can cook with a Can(n)on!! :D