1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All I want for Christmas

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by Mark101, Aug 25, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

All I want is a GX10, having given my GX8 to SHMBO, and not liking the GX9 at all. Where is it Panasonic ?

2. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

No idea, but there seems to be a lack of new model announcements at the moment.
    Whether or not this is down to the alleged micro-chip shortage (it was said that the motor industry is in trouble because chip production was diverted to satisfy consumer electronics)
    or because there is nothing significant in the way of improvements that can be made to digital cameras at the moment, I don't know.. or maybe it's because margins are so tight that the camera manufacturers do not have the money to spend on developing new models.

Maybe you could consider buying a used GX8 as an interim measure?

3. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Panasonic have concentrated on their full frame models lately, probably to the detriment of m4/3

4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Nikon, Canon and Sony would disagree.

5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Go backwords and try a GX7 - it's everything a proper digital Leica should have been! :p

Woman with phone Exeter GX7 P1130336.JPG

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Hurt, but understand why Pentax not on that list. :(

7. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I think the important word is "significant', improvements there are in plenty but but step changes are few and far between. Nikon's decision to remove the physical shutter in the Z9 may well be one of them. Finding a way to provide a viewfinder image without significant battery drain would be another. Unfortunately, even those changes will have very little impact on the amateur, or even average professional, user because we don't get into situations where the benefits affect us. Thus Panasonic may see little advantage in producing a shutterless MFT body for the small percentage of its users who would want it.

8. PentaxManiac

PentaxManiac Well-Known Member

9. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

No , a Panasonix GX10.... if there is to be one, but we dont know yet. I need a rangefinder style camera, and still looking at the Fuji XE4 as a possible.

10. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

A replacement for my Panasonic LX100.

11. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

LX100 mark II ??

Yes it's a tricky one, I bought a secondhand LX100 mk I a few months back and there really is nothing that stands out as a "modern" successor. The Mk II is getting a bit old, still has a fixed screen and non-articulating viewfinder and is also highly expensive especially when new. If only Panasonic or Olympus offered a MFT zoom that was compact and also had as wide an aperture as the lens on the LX100.... I do actually wonder how much of the price of the LX100 (marks I and II) is made up by the lens

Catriona likes this.
  12. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I agree. The lens is great. The rest probably not as good as it could be. I now have a smudge on my images, probably the zoom bit getting wet, or maybe some leakage from grease somewhere. It's irritating, but as you say, upgrading is expensive and for what? I no longer feel like paying out £700 - 1500 for a replacement carry around small camera.

13. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

My brother in law bought a LX100 around the same time as I bought my first GM-5. With the 12-32mm lens fitted, the GM-5 is just a tad smaller than the LX100 - and you can fit other lenses to it! :D

Cameras Panasonic GM5 white background SL300 DSCF3760.JPG