1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Alien looking Pentax SLR

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Kamepa, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Kamepa

Kamepa Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

There is something a tad sinister about the look of this camera :)

The meter links into the shutter speed selection dial.

2. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

saw one of those in a charity shop in April...Spotmatic (not sure which one though) with the meter attached...and a lens...all for £65

and no I didn't buy it :eek:

3. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

The only Asahi i know is the beer. ;)

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Shouldn't be a Spotty if there's a meter attached - unless it's the SL. More likely to be one of the S series.

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

possibly...I've been to bed since then...;)...it was around the time I acquired the SP500, so I am probably well confuzed

6. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

There aren't many accessories uglier than the Nikon Photomic Head... but that's definitely one of them!

Adrian

7. pentaxbuddy

pentaxbuddy Member

What would the estimated value of such a beast?

8. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Not a huge amount, unless in mint condition - maybe £50-100 for camera, lens and meter.

9. Kamepa

Kamepa Well-Known Member

That is a tad expensive. Bought two of these one in poor condition at a London Street Market for £30, albeit it did have a case and that ugly meter and the other at a car boot sale for £2. The one at the car boot was in very good condition and came with three lenses, kit bag, everything realy with exposure meter filters etc etc... . I think the eBay prices are in the £10-30 range. As for car boot sales, you can get anything cheap if you are there early and willing to talk the price down. I am surprised how many cameras I have aquired for nothing this way :)

10. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Agreed, you can get them cheaper - but they can sometimes go for more, too - that's around current ebay value, they were cheaper a couple of years ago. Got several S models, and somewhere a tatty meter - and I paid nearer your prices than mine. ;)

11. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

and I believe it`d made under licence in the Czech republic for Europe sales.

I`ve seen one of those Spotmatics with meter attached in a charity shop ages ago.Think it was Oxfam.

12. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

The one I saw was in Oxfam...Mapperley, Nottingham

13. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

You didn't, 'cos it's not a Spotmatic... ;)

14. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

resistance is futile...we've been assimilated......:p